The successful candidate will design and drive meta-game systems such as player progression, retention, and monetization. You will also be able offer insights that improve the way our players will want to invest in their gaming experience, such as UX design, or detailed data analysis. You'll become part of a world class development team working on a Total War title with massive potential. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the title leading up to release and beyond.
- Collaborate and communicate with other designers, artists, animators and programmers working on the features that you are responsible for
- Communicate regular updates to various disciplines in the team; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems
- Take full ownership and responsibility of multiple features and ensure they are fully delivered to highest quality. This is to include meta-game features, social features, UX design, monetisation optimization, progression balancing and more
- Responsible for creating and maintaining fun and balanced systems. You will be used to working with large amounts of data, and be able to understand and smartly apply the results to drive the games development
- Demonstrable appreciation of the value that data and analytics can contribute to the design process
- Understand user behaviour and their journey through the game, for both casual and core players, and design systems to improve the user journey
Required Skills and Experience
- An exceptional academic background
- Completed multiple commercially successful projects in a design role
- Experience on core systems design, and seeing those designs through to execution and with ongoing support. You will have extensive experience of balancing large sets of numbers, for unit balance, progression systems etc.
- Experience of designing and tuning free to play monetisation and retention
- Expert in Excel, with the ability to analyse large and complex sets of data
- Experience in UX testing and design
- Able to write clearly and succinctly
- Have experience of working on a strategy game as a core/balance/system/monetisation/UX designer, or be an avid strategy player
- A good communicator. You will be working with multiple disciplines in a team-oriented environment, and must be able to clearly communicate goals
- You must be able to listen to and be open to feedback and integrate that into your work
- Obsessive gamer, interested in why things work, not just what and how.
- Programming, databases, art, writing, history
- Deep understanding of Total War, World of Tanks, a MOBA and any F2P mobile games
- Wide understanding of the full range of free to play games and the strategy genre
- Clear understanding of and experience of making in game purchases