Responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of seven including content producers and social media managers, the LCM ensures the smooth running and continuing development of the community team.
The LCM will have ownership of the wider global community strategy, working with the rest of the Brand Team to co-ordinate efforts and achieve our campaign objectives, while providing mentorship and project management support to a wide range of individual team members.
A vital cornerstone of our marketing efforts around the Total War series, the community team has developed over recent years to provide a major bottom-line difference to the continuing growth and success of our titles. This role will be expected to drive a new era of outreach, collaboration and delivery of world-class community engagement strategies.
- Lead and continually improve the community team, its members’ skills and capabilities, reporting and processes.
- Devise and support the global community strategy for each forthcoming Total War project, co-ordinating with the Brand Managers to ensure campaign goals are reflected and achieved.
- Project manage the team’s workload, prioritising, redistributing and providing supporting cover as required.
- Support the SEGA central product and PR team in implementing and maximising the effect of local territory community plans and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with members of relevant teams to gain buy in, input and where relevant approval on strategies, activity and messaging.
- Develop an overall community growth strategy, and seek, expand and increase community interest in Total War in non-gaming sectors as part of a distinct outreach strategy.
- Design and issue regular reports on the efficacy of our community strategy; make recommendations and influence future decision making at all levels.
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the rest of the team and studio, proactively performing other marketing and communications tasks as required, playing a significant part in the success of the team in general.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A thorough appreciation of the Total War series and PC Strategy Gaming is extremely desirable.
- Strong appreciation of publishing and development organisation processes and principals.
- At least 3 years experience in a team leadership position is essential.
- Experience of managing community campaigns, demonstrating excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with the gaming landscape, particularly in relation to gamer and fan culture an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Knowledge of social media trends. methodology and channels in all current forms.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.