Producing, sourcing and commissioning written and audio-visual content across our game launchers, wiki, “Total War as a Service” platforms, corporate and brand websites. With a keen journalistic eye, they will seek or create the most engaging, interesting, relevant content and surface it to our community. They will also be the go-to person for informing and updating the community if services are down for maintenance or upgrade.
A strong daily working partnership with the outward-facing Social Media Manager position is essential to delivering a constant, rapidly-responsive strategy for engaging audiences across our touch points and defining clear areas of responsibility to inform efficiency and make the most of content drops and external relationships.
Success in the role is defined in terms of internal audience growth, retention and monetisation of Total War players once ingressed into the TW online ecosystem; with a key focus on driving and retaining sign-ups to Total War Account.
Strengths in writing, editing, scheduling and knowledge of streaming, web content across a broad spectrum well round out a personable and fearless candidate.
- Owns content plans for TotalWar.com, building on the strong foundations already established and creating engaging, sparkling copy to bring these sites to life.
- Manages Total War Launcher and “Total War as a service” content to a high standard, keeping the player base served with fresh, relevant content on a regular basis.
- Contributes content and best-practice specification to the Total War CRM strategy, specifically email outs to and exclusive content drops for Total War Account holders.
- Defines and commissions content for the Total War TV and Radio initiative, controlling scheduling for the TW Twitch channel, podcast and or other streaming services as appropriate and identified.
- Administer and publicise our key retailer channels, including Steam, Humble Store and our own TW Store.
- Grows and develops the above platforms with strong, engaging content, developing and improving further based on investigation and understanding of the analytics and KPIs driving channel performance
- Works with web development manager and team to identify improvements to owned channels
- Interacts regularly with the public via Total War-owned news and content outlets and forums. Leads and manages any public moderation groups within those channels.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A thorough appreciation of the Total War series and PC Strategy Gaming is extremely desirable.
- Outstanding written English
- Strong time management skills
- Start-up, journalistic mentality with a strong instinct for sourcing, commissioning and evaluating content opportunities.
- Results-driven with a desire for continuous improvement
- Experience of web analytics
- Experience working in copywriting preferred
- Previous experience within a large games developer or publisher preferred
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.