The build engineer will liaise daily with members spanning the entire development team to provide support and resolve issues with tools, builds and version control. In addition, the build engineer is responsible for maintaining the welfare of the continuous integration systems and is tasked with keeping the build as stable as possible.
• Maintain the stability of the CI systems
• Manage the flow of data through perforce streams
• Perform integrations/merges
• Rollout builds to QA and the development team
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• Excellent multi-tasking abilities
• Proactive and self-motivated. Able to work/react without explicit direction or supervision.
• Development team collaboration experience
• Good knowledge of version control software (Perforce, GIT, Source Tree, etc.)
• A good technical background. E.g. Computer Science degree or similar
• Excellent communication skills
• Approachable, friendly and confident in decision making
• Forward thinker with the ability and drive to seek out information
• Good time management and prioritisation skills
• Working knowledge of Python, C#, batch
• Knowledge of other game development tools. UDK, Unity, Hammer etc.
• MSbuild scripting experience
• Experience with Jenkins CI systems