This is an exciting opportunity in our multi-award winning console team, contributing to creation of genre-defining games and working with the industry’s top developers.
Not only will you be a key member of our Halo Wars team, you will also be working in an excellent and established studio whose benefits include a competitive salary package, private health insurance, free breakfast, on-site massages and of course free games.
Reporting to the Creative Director, this key lead will:
- collaborate and communicate closely with the project's creative leaders to effectively deliver on the vision;
- manage and mentor the technical and core design team;
- work closely with the Lead Level Designer and development production;
- continuously look to improve processes and technique to achieve outstanding results;
- communicate regular updates to discipline and team with key achievements identified;
- define game pacing, targets for achievement, flow, consistency of mechanics and difficulty curves;
- manage, guide and continually develop the core and technical design team;
- collaborate with other senior Design team members on a program of continual improvement;
- evolve departmental processes and encourage team work and communication; and
- play a key role in hiring new Design team members.
- Experience as a Lead or Senior Designer in AAA studio environment
- Demonstrated deep understanding of game design, mechanics and a solid understanding of RTS design
- Experience of communicating and working with other functions to iterate and deliver quality design features
- Demonstrated ability to produce documentation and design that defines technical and core design elements of gameplay
- Experience of using a wide variety of tools to quickly prototype and deliver design elements and improve pipelines in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience of working with a production team to help ensure the smooth running of the development process
- Demonstrated passion for game design theory, approaches and methods
- Demonstrated ability to give effective critiques and also take feedback for improvements
- Demonstrated appreciation of the value that data and analytics can contribute to the design process; and
- Demonstrated eagerness to prove game mechanics early and efficiently.