- Take responsibility and ownership of multiple features of the game and guide them through development to deliver at the highest level of quality.
- Collaborate with other designers, artists, animators and programmers working on the features that you are responsible for.
- Create and maintain fun and balanced systems. You will be used to working with large amount of data, and be able to intelligently use analytics to answer the important questions.
- Communicate regular updates to discipline and team; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- 2:1 from a good university plus A B B or better at A level (or equivalents)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience on core systems design, and seeing designs through execution and ongoing support. You will have extensive experience balancing large sets of numbers, for unit balance, progression systems and the like.
- Expert in Excel. Able to write clearly and succinctly.
- Have experience working on an strategy game as a core/balance/system designer, or be an avid strategy player
- A good communicator. You will be working with multiple disciplines in a team-oriented environment, and must be able to clearly communicate goals leaving no room for vagueness or uncertainly. You must be able to listen to feedback and integrate that into your work.
- You must have played Total War
- VB, C++, Python, Art skills, Writing skills
- Deep understanding of Total War, WoT, a Moba and any f2p mobile games
- Deep understanding of the strategy genre
- Wide understanding of games in all their forms
In addition to the above, designers for the more senior positions:
- Will sign up to and evangelise the studio values of quality, focus, trust and respect
- Will have completed multiple projects in a design role with a good average metacritic score
- Will be an obsessive gamer, playing games in all media and having a deep understanding of the principles underlying good gameplay. For your chosen games you will be able to answer why things work, not just what and how.