As a Gameplay Programmer in the Total War Arena team, you will be work alongside designers to improve existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Good communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and management staff
- Experience as a programmer in the games industry
- An avid gamer
Experience developing gameplay systems for real-time strategy (RTS) games or similar.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms common to game AI, such as finite state machines, agent systems, pathfinding, etc
- demonstrable problem-solving skill in a previous complex game
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Keen player of strategy games, ideally including Total War
- Industry experience is a strong plus