The PR Manager will ensure the smooth roll-out of title and franchise PR strategy, while being responsible for co-ordinating and servicing PR plans in conjunction with the central SEGA PR and Product Managers.
In addition, they will be required to forge on-going and profitable relationships with key members of the specialist and lifestyle press in order to secure significant levels of press coverage across the Total War portfolio. The development and liaison with of content creators and other community-focussed individuals in co-ordination with the Community Team will also be a considerable area of responsibility to the role.
As Total War continues to develop over the coming years into a strategy entertainment brand, the role will also have a particular focus on building inroads into outreach markets beyond gaming and traditional gaming-interest lifestyle sectors. History, heritage, table top, re-enactment, board games, CCGs and documentary and factual TV are all target areas for media collaboration, and significant progress in engaging those interest groups will be expected.
Requiring a personable, credible, well-organised individual with entrepreneurial intent and a creative thought process; this role carries significant responsibility for the representation and guardianship of a key brand.
- Devise and support the global PR strategy for each forthcoming Total War project, co-ordinating with the Brand Managers to ensure campaign goals are reflected and achieved.
- Support the SEGA central product and PR team in implementing and maximising the effect of local territory PR plans and initiatives.
- Author and co-ordinate press materials including releases, briefings and supporting materials to deadline and spec.
- In conjunction with the Events Manager and Central team, organise press attendance and participation in key campaign events. Maximise coverage and follow up opportunities.
- Learn and expertly demo all Total War titles as required throughout their campaigns to audiences both internal and external of all sizes and levels of seniority.
- Assume the role of highly knowledgeable product evangelist and spokesperson, becoming a destination for press, providing high-quality service connecting them directly with the studio and the titles.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with members of relevant teams to gain buy in, input and where relevant approval on strategies, activity and messaging.
- Seek, expand and increase media interest in Total War in non-gaming sectors as part of a distinct outreach strategy.
- Design and issue regular reports on the efficacy of our PR strategy and individual initiatives, make recommendations and influence future decision making at all levels.
- Represent and present the studio, Total War and individual games at various industry and public events to very high standard as required.
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the rest of the team and studio, proactively performing other marketing and communications tasks as required, playing a significant part in the success of the team in general.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A thorough appreciation of the Total War series and PC Strategy Gaming is extremely desirable.
- Strong appreciation of publishing and development organisation processes and principals.
- Experience of managing PR campaigns, demonstrating excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with the gaming press landscape and strong journalist connections amongst hardcore gaming press an advantage.
- Knowledge of F2P business models and MOBA games an advantage.
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the industry and public.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Willingness to travel internationally regularly.
- Current knowledge of the mainstream games industry is essential, specifically PC and F2P Markets.
- Knowledge of social media trends. methodology and channels in all current forms.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.