Working with our team of audio engineers, technicians and programmers to deliver a stellar audio experience for the multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio.
- To follow and assist in the execution of the audio direction set out by the Audio Director, delivering a AAA dialogue experience.
- Scoping, production and delivery of Dialogue, including domestic and foreign versions on assigned projects.
- Work with audio engineers and other stakeholders to cast actors.
- Record, edit and mix dialogue content to commercial standards for in-game, cut-scene and when required, marketing usage.
- Ensure the dialogue experience is rich, varied and believable. Working with script writers and designers where needed to achieve this.
- To continually evaluate and improve the dialogue experience / design keeping abreast of current successful titles and trends in dialogue production and execution.
- Integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software.
- To liaise with internal quality assurance staff and Development Managers to ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered.
- Set high standards for and mentor junior team members.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Extensive experience as an in-house game or post-production audio engineer commercially recording dialogue.
- Proven experience directing actors and crowd sessions to achieve excellence.
- Advanced dialogue recording and editorial skills.
- Ability to record, track-lay and mix dialogue to picture to commercial standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to review work of others and present detailed and constructive feedback.
- Able to multi-task projects, plan and schedule dialogue production efforts while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- ProTools 10 or above experience to advanced level.
- Able to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content.
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative.
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above).
- A keen interest in and a passion for audio in video games.
- Experienced with the Wwise audio engine.
- In-house experience within a game development studio or post-production facility working on Video Games.
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand.
- Proficient with Wavelab, Waves Plugins, Izotope RX
When applying for this role please include in your CV:
- Brief Summary of your Achievements/Experience
- Full relative employment history including time periods you were employed at each place.
- This should include responsibilities, description of any content produced, day to day summary, credit list and task list. Along with if it was Full-, Part-time or casual/contract work.
- If you worked your way up from a junior position please make clear each subsequent role.
- The highest level of Education certificate you have achieved and any relevant details (grades etc)