The role involves level design in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. You will drive the design of your levels from paper design to shipping product.
As a Senior Level Designer you will:
- Work with design leadership to take high concepts to detailed level designs
- Understand the narrative and gameplay ambition for the levels
- Implement level designs using our visual scripting system
- Work closely with junior level designers, mentoring them and ensuring they deliver your design work to exceptionally high quality.
- Conduct and take part in play-testing sessions and create/gather feedback and action points to refine the levels and gameplay.
- Be responsible for implementing player feedback to ensure playability and appropriate level of difficulty
- Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management and peers in other disciplines. You will be part of a multidisciplinary pod and must be able to work well as part of a collaborative team without losing sight of the gameplay vision.
- One or more published AAA titles in an level design capacity
- Game scripting experience – ideally using Kismet or similar visual scripting system
- Good knowledge of RTS gameplay
- Very good working knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya or similar 3D package
- Experience with a wide range of game genres including but limited to: RTS, third person, FPS, RPG and strategy games. You should have a broad range of knowledge and experience of computer and video games.
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines