Build Engineer - CA Sofia
Programming | Total War
The build engineer will liaise daily with members from the entire development team to provide support and resolve issues with tools, builds and version control. In addition, the build engineer is responsible for maintaining the welfare of the continuous integration systems and is tasked with keeping the build process as stable as possible.
As a Build Engineer you will be responsible for improving our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems and the tools that support them. You will work in collaboration with Tech Leads and experts in order to understand the technical standards of our projects’ layout and will also help shape and direct the DevOps area of our company.
Researching, developing and implementing new platforms and technologies, you will improve general workflow to support our current and future projects and products. The Build Engineer maintains and improves our continuous delivery tools and pipelines, working with the various teams in the studio to assess requirements and plan and design road maps for implementing improvements.
You will also work with our IT team to spec out requirements and get the necessary IT infrastructure implemented and will make integrations between branches of the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to design complex, in-depth systems and divide them into manageable tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated. Able to work/react without explicit direction or supervision.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Forward thinker and problem-solver with the drive to seek out and acquire information
- Approachable, friendly and confident in decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of version control software (Perforce, GIT, Source Tree, etc.)
- Knowledge of C++
- Working knowledge of Python, C#, batch
- MSbuild scripting experience
- Experience with post launch title support
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.