Lead 3D Environment Artist - CA Sofia
Art | Total War
Our awesome Total War art team in CA Sofia has the perfect position for a talented Lead Environment Artist specifically skilled at buildings, props and natural terrain, as well as a keen eye for level building and polishing.
The successful candidate will have good experience of modular systems design and prefab design, as well as good technical skills.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role.
As the Lead Environment Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists. As well as managing the Environment team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for both the creation of assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, steering your team and solving problems, working closely with the wider development teams and design and concept, to produce an engaging and coherent universe.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Exceptional Artistic ability
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Ability to communicate effectively across the team
- Deep knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya/ZBrush/Photoshop/Substance
- Industry experience in creating quality 3D environments and other assets
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Demonstrated passion for visual environment creation
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- All-round art ability
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
- Lighting, composition and set dressing skills
- Technical art skills
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.