Senior Concept Artist - TW Warhammer - CA Sofia
Art | Total War
For our awesome Total War art team at the Sofia (Bulgaria) based studio, we are looking for a talented Senior Concept Artist to work in-house and help us bring a vast fictional world to life. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Concept Artist to come on board our exciting new project and assist in shaping our vision of this fantasy setting.
To excel in this role, you will have exceptional skills both in drawing and painting that serve to the demands of different art tasks, you will be flexible on refining your art style understanding the modern game art trends and having strong design skills and great imagination.
Please note that applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (attached or as a link) and applications without such will not be considered.
As a Senior Concept Artist on the project, you will work with the team to develop and shape an immersive experience for our players to enjoy! You will be an avid researcher, a collector of ideas and demonstrate the ability to quickly iterate and adapt your visual designs where necessary. The goal is to provide inspirational imagery which works for both design and production art while satisfying the game vision and art direction.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Produce concepts and final illustrations that will be used prominently throughout the game and in Brand media
- Work closely with the Project Art Director, Concept Art team and Lead 3D Artist to design and illustrate characters and/or architecture that not only look excellent but will also work well as 3D models in our game engine.
- Excellent artistic skills
- Strong sketching skills and demonstrable design iteration
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with all development disciplines
- A portfolio of character and/or environment concepts and illustrations
- A team player with good communication skills and a positive outlook
- Familiar with previous Total War games, especially Total War: Warhammer
- Knowledge of the 3D modelling software and pipelines
- Experience and passion for working in games
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.